Northgate Primary School
NR30 1BP Tel: 01493 856515
Headteacher – Mrs L Hanger
Full time Key Stage 2 Teacher (Maternity Cover Post, September 2020)
At Northgate Community Primary School our Vision is for children to be proud of themselves and strive to be the best that they can; to feel understood and supported to achieve success; to be safe and happy; to learn the skills to give them confidence to face the future; to know how to behave well; to be treated equally and to feel important within their school, family and the wider community. We are looking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher to join our friendly, welcoming school.
In November 2019 we became a member of Waveney Valley Academies Trust.
This post is suitable for an NQT and we offer a fully compliant NQT induction process.
Our friendly and ambitious school has been judged “Good” by Ofsted (July 2018). We have been awarded the ‘Marjorie Boxall’ award for our Nurturing practice and are looking for a team member who will embrace this.
Our ideal applicant will:
- Be an enthusiastic teacher, able to make learning enjoyable
- Be able to form positive relationships with children, staff and parents
- Have high expectations of behaviour, effort and attitude and the necessary strategies to promote these qualities
- Have knowledge of the National Curriculum in Key Stage 2 and an understanding of the standards required by the assessment framework
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- A friendly school with a supportive staff team and well behaved children who are ready to learn
- Well-resourced classrooms and pleasant working environment
- A leadership team open to new ideas that lead to enriched learning
- Excellent opportunities for CPD
Northgate Primary School is committed to ensuring the very highest possible standards of care to our young people and as such require all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS with a barred list check will be required and other procedures and checks will be followed as part of our safeguarding procedures. The school is an equal opportunities employer.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to confirm whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
For more information apply to the Headteacher at the above address
Closing date for applications: Noon on Friday 22nd May 2020
Interviews will be arranged according to COVID-19 restrictions, either in person or via telephone.