Teaching Assistant – Child Specific – Temporary Contract Vacancy
Term time + 1 week at Pay Scale 5
Start date of September 2021
At Northgate Nursery and Primary School our Vision is for children to be proud of themselves and strive to be the best that they can; to feel understood and supported to achieve success; to be safe and happy; to learn the skills to give them confidence to face the future; to know how to behave well; to be treated equally and to feel important within their school, family and the wider community.
We are looking to appoint an excellent, enthusiastic and highly motivated TA – Child Specific to join our friendly, welcoming school.
Our friendly and ambitious school has been judged “Good” by Ofsted (July 2018). We have been awarded the ‘Marjorie Boxall’ award for our Nurturing practice and are looking for a team member who will embrace this.
Our ideal applicant will:
- Be an excellent practitioner, able to make learning enjoyable
- Be able to meet the needs of children with a variety of Special Educational Needs under the direction of a teacher or HLTA
- Be able to form positive relationships with children, staff and parents
- Have high expectations of behaviour, effort and attitude and the necessary strategies to promote these qualities
- Have recent experience of working in a primary school, knowledge of the National Curriculum and the standards required by the new assessment framework
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- A friendly school with a supportive staff team and well behaved children who are ready to learn
- Well-resourced classrooms and pleasant working environment
- Excellent professional development opportunities
Northgate Primary School is committed to ensuring the very highest possible standards of care to our young people and as such require all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS with a barred list check will be required and other procedures and checks will be followed as part of our safeguarding procedures. The school is an equal opportunities employer.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to confirm whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Please find application form and job description attached.
Visits to the school are welcome, please telephone 01493 856515 to check availability.
For more information please contact the office on 01493 856515
Closing date for applications: Noon on Wednesday 30th June 2021